
Here she is!! And here is the scoop:
6:00 am- My water broke and i didnt believe it
6:30 am- I was forced to believe it = )
I woke up my Man who didnt believe it either and we went through the list of what to bring to the hospital just to make sure i didnt forget anything.
8:00 am- We checked into Labor and Delivery and by 9:00 they put me on Pitocin so that i would start feeling my contractions
10:00 I was definately feeling contractions, but we thought that maybe my body could handle creating all of the necessary ingredients to send me through my labor, so we went off Pitocin
2:00 pm- Went back on Pitocin
4:30 pm- I was fully dilated and ready
The Nurse finally returns from another delivery that was supposed to be short and by
6:00 pm- I started pushing
8:00 pm- She was stuck!
The Doctor arrived and told me that she was posterior (face up) and that i had previously broken my tailbone and that it was in the way.
8:58 pm- Grace arrived!!
We named her after Josh's grandma Grace Collette and after my grandma Arlene VanWagenen, both beautiful and amazing women. We want her to be just like them.
Thanks to all for the prayers and support!
And a special thanks to our Mom's and sisters! They have been so generous!!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Grace Arlene Collette
Posted by Anonymous at 7:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Rose-she is so cute! What a day you had! I love her name (we are using Grace for my babies middle name). I am going to call you to bring you dinner and I have a gift for you. I am glad you are all doing well...you look amazing for having a long day! Congrats!!
It was definitely fated that one of the new Collette babies would have to be named Grace. She's so beautiful. Hope you're feeling all right. Congratulations!!
She is so beautiful! Oh, I am so excited for the both of you. Congrats and I hope you are recovery well after such a long delivery!
Rose,
She is absoultly beautiful and Gorgeous!!! We are coming down this weekend and If you are up for it we would love to stop by. Good job on that delivery Kyle was posterier (however you spell it) as well and there is a lot of pushing when they are the wrong way! Good Job, well she is beautiful and I hope we get to see you and Josh and her this weekend.
Love ya,
Deborah
your story made me laugh. your hilarious.
YAY!!! We are so happy for you! Grace is beautiful and perfect! I am dying to come over and see some more of her...hopefully my kids will be 100% healthy soon so we can come! thanks for writing out the info about her birth. That was fun to read.
i love you, and i love her. Shes beautiful.
Rose, she's just gorgeous! I wish I was there so bad. She looks like a little Collette baby :) We love you guys and can't wait to see you!
Mel & Jason
Rose she is so gorgeous and the name is perfect! You have such a beautiful little family. I cant wait to meet Grace in person. Hope you are getting the rest and recovery that you need. I miss you guys so much, hopefully I can come out to Utah again soon. Love you!
Rose...you are such a trooper, I can't believe you went through such a long delivery! We are so excited that she's here! Grace is such a cute name! Can't wait to see you guys again!
What a beautiful baby-Danny and I are so excited for you guys! Thanks for telling us your story. Congratulations!
Post a Comment