My Grandma was and is amazing. I have been thinking about her so much in the last 6 months and it has helped me realized how extremely disciplined and talented she really was. She passed away in 1994 when I was in second grade. I still remember that morning when my Mom woke me up when it was still dark outside and she explained that Grandma had passed away a few hours ago from a heart aneurysm. My Mom sat there and cried and held us. It was a sad day.
Last night for FHE we went through our goals for 2008 and discussed how we did. It was so fun to read that our number one goal for 2008 was that we wanted a healthy baby. We feel so blessed to have Grace Arlene in our little family. She is beautiful and healthy and we know that this is a blessing from our Heavenly father and a consequence of righteous heritage.
Last night for FHE we went through our goals for 2008 and discussed how we did. It was so fun to read that our number one goal for 2008 was that we wanted a healthy baby. We feel so blessed to have Grace Arlene in our little family. She is beautiful and healthy and we know that this is a blessing from our Heavenly father and a consequence of righteous heritage.
Grandma Arlene was passionate about her family and her callings. She was an amazing cook, and especially creative when it came to cake decorating. She managed my Grandpa's family practice, kept all the books, and managed to keep tabs on TEN rental properties they owned. She was insistent on eating leftovers and she made everything from scratch. Ornaments, clothes, quilts, cakes, canning, decorations, etc. she made everything.
I love her so much. I hope that Grace will grow up to be like her Grandma Arlene and her Grandma Grace.



12 comments:
How neat to be able to name Grace after a wonderful woman!
Awwwww, that is sooo sweet, I miss grandma. Are those pictures from her book? I wish she was here so we could call and talk to her all the time and get her recipes and ask her how to sew stuff. I love that picture of her and Grandpa by their Christmas tree, so cute.
She sounds like an amazing woman. It is wonderful to have such inspiring ancestors.
Well written Rose, thoroughly enjoyed the read. Thanks! Mom is very talented, consiencious of others, gifted teacher, and blessed with an extroardinary amount of common sense. A great heritage for all of us, especially Grace.
What a neat post! I loved reading about your grandma. She sounds like a remarkable lady. Grace is lucky to have such a meaningful name to live up to.
That was so sweet! Those pictures are great as well! Grace is lucky to be named after such a great woman!
Great post Rose, I loved reliving some of those memories. I love reading her biography in my spare time, it is so motivating and inspiring! Hmmm, you gave me a great idea for a post on my blog...
How special for Grace to be named after her. She sounds like such a great lady! See you guys soon :)
What a sweet post! I love how your grandma dressed!
That was so nice to read! She's really pretty! Oh and by the way Grace is so stinkin cute!
That was beautiful.
I miss you Rose.. I finally got this blogger thing to work, but I changed our address. stevenandhannah.blogspot.com
Love ya!
Post a Comment