I decided I wanted him to come early...
So I had my Dr. strip my membranes on Wed morning. Unfortunately this didnt do much for me
I had my Dr. strip my membranes again on Thursday morning at 9
I dropped off some things at DI and then went home
By 10:30 I was having contractions every 3-5 minutes
I called the Dr. office and asked what I should do because they were not painful but consistent
Off to the hospital we went
They monitored me for an hour and I was staying the same 4 cm dilated
So we went to In n Out (still having sporadic contractions)
I told Josh to go run his errands and I would call him often and keep him posted
By 4:00 they were still sporadic, but starting to get more painful
I decided that I wanted to move things along quickly so I tried pumping some milk
Josh came home to me crying on the bed, bags packed, and Grace with her cousins. I was READY to go
We checked in at the hospital at 5 and I was dilated to a 5
I had to wait for 30 min for a delivery room to open up and get cleaned
Then off to the delivery room and my heavenly epidural
They gave me a little pitocin and checked me at 7:45 and I was 10cm
I pushed through 3 contractions and Neal was here! Perfect and healthy
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
It sounds like everything went well. The picture of Grace and Neal is so cute! She will be such a good big sister. Congrats again, we love you guys! :)
Fun details to remember.
doctors let you have babies early if you want? Or is that just because he's your 2nd? Man, I'm pretty sure I do NOT have that option. Congratulations your family is beautiful!
So glad everything went well, he is just darling!
sounds like a smooth delivery, I'm so glad! I can't wait to meet him. The picture of Grace kissing him is just too good.
I had my 20 week appt on Thursday. I told my doc that my friend just had a baby and she posted some pics right after he was born. She had on cutsie pj's, make up and just looked incredible and looked like she felt incredible. I told her my goal is to feel like that after this baby is born :) Sounds like everything went as smooth as possible which is so nice!!!
I am so glad everything went perfect for you! Love all your updates.
I can't wait to meet him tomorrow;)
Rose! You're little man is so DARLING and handsome, my goodness! And how do you looks so good after having a baby?! That's not fair my dear. OH, and I have those gnome PJs too. :) Congrats!
Post a Comment