Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I think I am about ready for number 3




I have officially started the nesting phase of this pregnancy as of today at 11 am. It feels a little wierd that I didnt bring much for this sweet guy, just some clothes and the baby bjorn and a little bassinette (thanks to my sister in law's) but I also love that I just have the things that I cant live without.

Over the past few years Jenilyn and I have just shared an infant car seat that has been used for 5(!) kids now which has been so nice! Jenilyn is so sweet and generous like that . Anyway today I bought the new car seat for us to use for the next babies in our families. I checked consumer reports and I ended up buying the Chicco, just like everyone else. I think that 99% of my friends all have this one and I was a little hesitant, but it gets amazing reviews! So I brought that home and some teeny tiny pampers swadlers from Babies r us today while Beth had a dance party with my kids in the car. It was so nice of Beth to come with me so that my trip to buy these 3 things was 15 minutes instead of an hour.

I haven't seen a Dr. out here in DC so I am excited to see how the baby measures and what the scale says on Friday. Thinking back to my other two pregnancies I am pretty sure that I have not carried this low or big. Grace was way up in my ribs and I remember them being so sore at night, but this boy has never even touched my ribs. Anyway I hope this guy comes soon!

The baby still doesn't have a name. I need to just spend a week pouring through family pedigree charts and talking with family to get it just right. It will be the perfect name.

Before Grace and I read her books tonight we talked about what things will be like when the baby gets here. It was a little sad to me to tell her that when we go grocery shopping that the car seat will be in the cart and Neal will be buckled in the front, meaning that she would have to walk. We also talked about how she will need to help me hold and rock the baby, get sippy cups for Neal, and get me diapers and wipes for the baby. She was excited about all of those things and does all of them now without being asked.

I am excited to have lots of kids. Having mini versions of ourselves is really such a fun and exciting part of parenting, Josh and I laugh often at them and ourselves.

3 comments:

Halvorsen Family said...

you're such a wonderful mom rose. Can't wait to see the new babe, and his name. Hope all is going well out in DC. :)

Cassie said...

A new baby is so much fun! I think I am more excited this time than I was the first because now I know the amazing feeling it is to hold that brand new baby, and the great joys that come with parenting! Can't wait to see your new little one.

Melissa said...

I am so excited for you and your family! It is so wonderful to watch your family grow. Can you believe will have the same amount of kids?! This is such a wonderful time of our lives!