Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fairfax Virginia

Well we have arrived. Josh got here Tuesday at 3 and we flew in at 5. We are so excited to spend this summer on the East Coast! Neither of us have been this way, and I am excited to brush up on some history.

A few things that I have noticed so far are...
- Brick is "in". You wont see any stucko or siding
- Most people here are on a mission to get somewhere. They walk fast and all look alike in their black coasts and leather bags
- SUV's and trucks are not "in". I get quite a few confused looks while I am out
- The greenery here is amazing. AND TALL! Cant find your way without a GPS
- You are going to be the only person in the store with a child. I have seen about 5 kids since I have been here
- The freeway takes me every where. EVEN TO THE PARK!

Its different and I like it. Ill keep you posted on our adventures.

9 comments:

Andi said...

Hi Rose! Adam and I lived in Fairfax for a year, last year. We loved it! Now we live in Arlington while Adam goes to law school. What are you guys doing in VA? Where in Fairfax do you live? We lived right by the Dunn Loring metro station. We'd love to get together or show you all the fun places to go in the area. Let me know!

Cassie said...

We are in Nashville this summer, and reading your list of things that are different are right on with here too. It's so neat to live in different parts of the country and experience new things. Good luck this summer!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the summer sales begin. Good luck at there you guys. BTW- I love the ponytail on Grace. So cute.

Randi said...

That is so cool. I'm excited to hear about your adventures. Grace is so cute. I love her Easter outfit. Good luck this summer and have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys I am in springfield, VA (like 20 min SE of you) so if you need anything or wanna hang out just let me know! (916) 316-1861, or juliegroth@gmail.com

Brittney said...

Im glad you got there safe. I miss you guys so much. I just googled to see how far we are apart and we are only 4 hours!! I now thats kinda fair... but if i wasnt so pregnant i would be out there in a flash. I know you will have a great time. You are always so good at making friends... and isnt cary and mel going? I love you, you are truely my best friend.

Clements Family said...

How fun...I am sad that I didn't get to see you before you left! But what a fun experience you guys get to have!

The Hills... said...

Oh, I can't wait to hear about your adventures in Virginia. You will LOVE it! So fun too that you have all your sisters with you too.

Jaclyn said...

How exciting to experience the east coast-- can't wait to hear your stories!