Friday, April 30, 2010

we are here in Chicago


(Grace showing Neal her new phone apps)

I forgot to mention that we are here in Chicago! been here about 3 weeks and are really enjoying the warm sunny weather and beautiful spring outside. Grace spends most of her days outside "looking for bugs and snakes", cuddling with Neal, and playing with Wes and Mae and reading and doing puzzles at the library. Although he cannot stand to spend more than a few minutes on his tummy, Neal spends all day trying to roll over, and then screams and cries until I roll him back over to his back. Josh works from about 10am until midnight EVERY night and is very focused on making this a really great year for us. It has been so fun to see him spend any free moments he has with Grace and Neal, they really adore him and both cry when he leaves for the day. Last night he spent some time downloading phone apps for Grace to help her learn how to spell, write, color and to memorize. She was so excited when he showed her her new games and is already getting better at some of these things! I have been pretty busy with our cars. Of all things to keep me busy I have to say that cars are my least favorite! When we got here we bought a van for Josh to drive for work, well along with it we bought a few problems as well. It has been to the shop three times and has 1 more apointment! Hope its the last for the van too. I have also been running in the mornings with the kids in the double stroller, planning out where and when we are going out to explore Chicago, playing with my camera, and trying to organize my computer. Lots of fun things!

That's what we are up to!

6 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

Cars cause so many problems in our lives, too. I cannot believe Grace is so old and can play those games! I still remember our days back at Legacy at Highlands Ranch...

stacy h. said...

have a fun summer! we'll miss having you close, or being there with you! :)

Dan and Kan said...

You need to go to downtown Naperville!! they have the prettiest walking paths along the river!! I loved going down there!!

Melissa said...

What a treat! I loved this little synopsis of what you are up to, and this picture and description are priceless. We miss you all! I hope the cars run smoothly soon. Love ya!

Sarah said...

We love chicago. If you ever feel like driving up to Milwaukee, let us know! :)

Tiffany said...

yay for being in chicago!! :) We should go jogging together! I take Madden out jogging almost everyday too! Do you have a good area to jog in by your place? I just got back into town last night, and I PROMISE I am calling you tonight so we can make plans this week! :)