Friday, October 8, 2010

Photography

Where do I start?


Maybe I should start by saying that I had always wanted to take photo in high school and learn how to take cool pictures like my friend Hannah. She was pretty good. Anyway I never got around to taking it and when Josh surprised me with a new camera I was pretty excited to start learning how all this Photography stuff goes.

I grilled my sister in laws, Missy and Hill (who are exceptional and worth checking out) and learned lots from them. Then last fall I took photo 101 and really enjoyed learning all about my camera and all the neat and cool things that you can do while in manual settings.

I set a goal this summer to get my camera out everyday and practice a little and I think it really helped me out! Uploading my pictures was sometimes really sad for me (I did a photo shoot with Jenilyns family and when I uploaded them all I realized that I had done a terrible job) and sometimes it was rewarding. But I felt like I was making progress.

So to help with my progress I took table top photography this weekend and I learned so much! I am so excited to see what I can come up with and put into practice with the new tips and tricks I learned. I am also looking into a new zoom lens. I have a few fixed lenses, but a zoom would be so nice to have. Specifically I am looking at the 17-55 2.8, 24-70 2.8, and 24-105 4. Any suggestions out there?

I am so excited to have found a hobby that I love! and that involves mostly my children.

And thats my story.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I have the 17-55 mmm and love it!!! What is your fixed lens?

p.s. you are naturally so good at what you do. I love looking at all of your great pictures!

Shauna said...

you took nicoles class? Fun! I just love her. I'm heading up there tomorrow...not sure what classes i'll take yet.

Unknown said...

You are so cute! I miss you dearly. and you are a phenomenal photographer!!

Michele said...

you are an awesome photographer, and do have great family members to teach you tricks! you need to start teaching me!

Clements Family said...

You are such a great photographer! I need to learn!