The lighting wasn't that great in the hotel conference room we were in, so with a bumped ISO I think these are my favorites that I took in the class. This cake is cardboard that she had made just for photo shoots and its a few years old! I thought that was interesting.
She talked about how for tabletop photography you want the light to always come from somewhere other than directly in front. These pictures are lit from the the left, as you can see the shadows on the right which she said you WANT. Also new and interesting to me.
The last time I thought about a color wheel was when I was in interior design (if you saw my house you would never have known I took it:) in junior college. Anyway, she talked about how you want to pick the opposite color of your subject on the color wheel to complement. This totally makes sense, now I just need to print one off to post on my wall so that I can picture opposites. Im so visual.
Saturday, October 9, 2010
shots from tabletop photo
Posted by Rose at 5:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Rose! I'm so proud of you! I think your photos are great! :)
now give ME a class. :)
here's a trick for the color wheel.
easter
christmas
denver broncos
the opposite colors are:
yellow and purple
red and green
orange and blue
i used that in hair school to remember what haircolors counteract each other to become nutral
Photos look great! Thanks for taking class -nice to meet you!
Post a Comment