Wednesday, August 10, 2011

getting the hang of things





I think that I am starting to figure out this business of having 3.

If i dont have dinner planned and figured out by 3, then it doesn't happen.

If I let Neal play in the bathroom with the faucet on, he will flood the bathroom and the maintenance guy will come barging through your front door while you are in your underwear cleaning it up

If Grace wants orange juice she will get a sippy out of the drawer and pour it herself and leave just a little puddle on the kitchen floor

If I want a shower it must happen while Josh is still home in the morning

If I lay Patten down after feeding him and I do not get his burp out, than I will end up right back in the shower (my worst spitter upper)

If I want a nap it must happen when Neal is down and right after I put Patten down

If I want to get anything done on my todo list then I cant take a nap:)

If the dishes are going to get done and the table wiped and the floor swept it can only happen while the tub is running and the kids are getting themselves undressed to get in. This is about a 5 minute window

If I want to do ichat or facetime it has to be done on the desktop or else the kids will fight over who gets to hold the ipad

If I forget to give Neal tylenol for his teething and an overnight diaper on his bum he will wake up more often than the baby during the night

If Grace wants to color and Neal is awake it must be on the kitchen counter or table. Neal thinks markers and crayons taste like candy

If I plan on getting back into shape any kind of running and working out will need to take place before 8am. If I wait till 10am Neal will think my tummy is a hippity hop while im doing crunches

If I want to grocery shop I will need to remember that it is not physically possible to hold Neal, push the cart, keep an eye on Grace and keep to my list. This week I ended up with a bag of gummy bears and a box of peanut butter cookies in my cart (oh and I even ran over Grace's big toe and ripped the entire nail off) I think I will go alone next time

If I didnt love being a Mom, all of this would get annoying and feel way to complicated. But really, I am totally down with it! It makes life fun.

6 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

"If I want to get anything done on my todo list then I cant take a nap:)"

So true. This post really hit home for me. I am glad you wrote it out. It is nice to see what I have been thinking and feeling in words. I only have two kids though.

Callie said...

Ha! So true, even just with my two!

joelle said...

hahaha oh Rose! I don't know if I'll be able to do 3!

kimberlee shaffer said...

Rose, I just have to laugh at this post because it is TOTALLY my life right now and I can relate to pretty much every one of these!! 3 is tricky but I love being a mom too so its just what we do right?

I am still trying to get the motivation to get up before the kids to work out, Hasn't happened yet. . .)=

Clements Family said...

Oh Rose! I love this post...how true it all is. I learned so much about what is truly important after I had Bella. Crossing my fingers that 4 is an easier transition then 3 was!!!

Deborah Austin said...

Cute Post, and so true! I have to say 3 was the hardest for me!!! If you can do three you have it mastered. The next ones after that are no big deal after you have done 3. 3 is just so hard when they are so little and there are 3 of them and only 1 of you.

Your an amazing mom!