Monday, April 28, 2008

CO not OC

Last summer we were living in OC for the summer for work. It was so warm and beautiful there. This year we are in Co. Highlands Ranch to be exact. So far Colorado seems very similar to Utah. As far as the weather, it snowed on Saturday after Friday was about 78 degrees. Just as unpredictable as Utah. Our ward was loud and enormous. Tons of cute little blonde kiddos and lots of chairs in both sections of the overflow. And not to mention, a packed "mothers room". Just like our ward in Utah.

Co.
At the apartment complex we are living in they allow dogs. I have never seen so many dogs in one place in my entire life. They are EVERYWHERE! I went to the grocery store and there was 2 entire rows of dog stuff. At the grocery store?? Yep. And then i go to Costco and there was an entire back wall with 50 different kinds of dog food. A little wierd if you ask me.
This morning I went to drop off some of our working friends at the airport and on my way back i had to stop to pay $2 at a toll booth. No big deal. Then 8 miles later another pesky $2. I thought "$4 just to get home?!" taking the same freeway the entire way home and 2 different toll booths! Spoke too soon, another $1.75 please. Who would have thought?
I really am excited to be here. I was very surprised at how green it is. Trees disguise all of the buildings and canopy over beautiful jogging paths. Speaking of green, everything here is 'organic'. Another 2 entire iles at the grocery store of pure organic-ness. I am excited about this.

Come see for yourself! And if you are coming in through the airport, just remind me to bring my piggy bank.

12 comments:

forget laundry said...

fun rose! I can't wait to see it... and I guess we better go get a dog to fit in. we miss you guys and can't wait to see you soon.

Cassie said...

Rose, I loved Colorado when we lived there 2 summers ago. We actually lived in Highlands Ranch as well, and went to the same church building I was baptized in when my family lived there. I actually figured out that if you take I-25 North and then get on 225, you can get to the airport that way and don't have to pay the tolls..it's probably about the same distance as well.

colin and brooke thompson said...

what do you do over the summers? I need to email you. I have how do you know them questions.... nothing serious, just me being nosey! :)

Cassie said...

I did get your e-mail a while ago and wrote you back right after I got it. I just re-sent you that e-mail. Let me know if it doesn't come through.

Clements Family said...

How fun! I wish I could come visit! We miss you guys already!

The Hills... said...

Rose...I am so, so sorry I missed seeing you. Life has been crazy and I know you have been busy too. Have so much fun in Colorado this summer. It's sounds like you'll have the chance to meet a lot of new people this summer!

We love you!

Anonymous said...

Have a GREAT summer....We love you guys!! What did you ever do about your house, by the way? Good luck out there and I guess we'll see you for the wedding, right?

Anonymous said...

And I thought the title of this post was really great!

Anonymous said...

Good luck guys! We are in Seattle- the area is gorgeous and our apt's are fabulous. I hope everything goes great. We will need to get together at the end of summer-
I am sure there will be great stories.

Michele said...

what an adventure living in a new place for the summer monthes. my husband is from littleton... he loves and misses colorado a ton. enjoy it. take in all the organic and green-ness you can! good luck!

Cecile Ewell said...

How fun!! I love to get out and experience new places, I seem to get stir crazy alot! Hope you guys have a good summer there!!

Jaclyn said...

I was talked to Hill today, and she said you were right next door! How wonderful to have a friend close by as you begin the summer adventure. Hard to believe another summer has already arrived. We moved my sister in a couple weeks ago - good luck with everything!