




Patten's story..
On Sunday we all went to church and I wasnt feeling very good so Josh brought me home and went back to be with his Mom and our kids. I took a nap and woke up and around 5 the contractions started but I didnt want to make a big deal of it because I was worried that it wouldnt be real labor. Around 6 I mentioned to Lorna and Josh that I was having some good contracions and Lorna and I went for a few walks around the block to encourage things along. My contractions continued to be between 3 and 11 minutes apart so I went to bed at midnight and woke up to painful contractions at 3:00am. By 5am they were pretty strong and 3 to 5 minutes apart so I called my midwife and she said to come into the hospital. When I got there I was dilated to a 5 and about 70% effaced so they admitted me and hooked me up to all the monitors and machines. At about 8am I was 7cm waiting for my epidural which only numbed my back for some reason so the anesthesiologist had to come back and give me more meds. I pushed a few times and as Patten's head came out my midwife told me to grab the baby and help pull him out as I pushed so I did! it almost scared me he came out so fast and they put him right on my chest for me to hold and see. He was so handsome to me.
This was by far my easiest recovery. I didnt tear and I really had hardly any swelling. I am so blessed to have had such an awesome delivery and recovery. Two weeks later and I feel almost 100%. (and I have already been to the pool 3 times) The hardest part for me will be to actually get enough sleep and make it to the store all by myself with 3 kids. THAT will be a challenge.
Monday, July 25, 2011
in the hospital
Posted by Rose at 8:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow, congratulations what a great birth story, yeesh you got to a 7 before and epidural, wow, you pretty much went natural. That's so great you have recovered so quickly and are feeling good, you'll have to share the tips on getting around with three in tow.
Glad to hear everything went so well, and you are recovering great! I love the picture of the 3 kids, Grace pointing at Patten is precious!
SO CUTE ROSE! And how neat to help deliver him yourself!
Wow, what a cool thing to experience! I have always wanted to help pull my own baby out like that! Sadly though, c-sections for me :( Glad to hear you are recovering so quickly! Congrats, again! :)
Post a Comment